Attorney Steven B. Boris
Phone: 508-872-2710 ext. 2
Attorney Steve Boris is a founding member of the Firm. He concentrates in many areas of civil law including personal injury, maritime, business, employment law and alternative dispute resolution, practicing both in and out of courtrooms.
Steve is AV® Preeminent Rated, the highest peer review rating for legal ability and ethics by the legal publisher Martindale-Hubbell. Steve has been named a “Super Lawyer” by Boston Magazine for the years 2006 – 2020.
Steve has represented parties in hundreds of personal injury cases, trying many before state and Federal courts, but resolving most without having to go to court. He sits as an arbitrator or mediator for the Massachusetts state courts, Federal courts, Massachusetts Bar Association and the American Arbitration Association helping other lawyers and their clients resolve their cases, including disputes over legal fees.
Steve has been an Adjunct Professor in the Legal Studies Department at Lasell College in Newton, MA teaching Tort and Personal Injury Law. In 2008 he visited the Russian Federation where he served as a Visiting Professor of Law at Petrozavodsk State University teaching U.S. Constitutional Law and Western style dispute resolution to Russian law students. In 2011, Steve taught Arbitration at Odessa National Academy of Law, Odessa, Ukraine. He is published in academic peer reviewed journals in the fields of Maritime law and Criminology. Steve served as Hearing Officer for the Board of Bar Overseers from 2013 until 2017.
Steve lives in Boston.
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 1982 – JD – Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA
- 1978 – MA – Boston University (Sociology/Criminology), Boston, MA
- 1974 – BA – Wayne State University (Sociology), Detroit, MI
Honors and Awards
- Selected Massachusetts Super Lawyer designation awarded
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated, the highest peer review rating
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- MBA Legal Fee Arbitration Board Arbitrator
- Boston Bar Association
- BBA/Boston Municipal Court Mediator
- BBA Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts of Massachusetts, Inc, member
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- American Arbitration Association.
- AAA Commercial Claims Arbitrator
To see Steve’s detailed Curriculum vitae ( C.V ) click here (opens in PDF)